Start Your Business Today in Groton
Talk to a Real Person
Finding a site for your business in Groton is easy! Our economic development team is eager to help your business find space in Groton.
The Town requires you to register the business by completing a Trade Name Certificate which can be obtained from the Town Clerk’s Office in Town Hall at 45 Fort Hill Road; there is a $5.00 fee.
Registration with the State of Connecticut is also required. The following resources provide details regarding state registration and licensing requirements:
- Connecticut Economic Resource Council (CERC) - Business Entity Formation
- CERC Free Video Series - Starting a Business In Connecticut
- CERC Business Assistance and Information
- Connecticut Business Startup Tool
Additional free resources and consultation are available via the following:
- U.S. Small Business Association
- Connecticut Small Business Development Center
- Southeastern CT SCORE Chapter
Take a look at our events calendar for the latest free training for start-ups and small businesses.
Give Paige Bronk, Economic and Community Development Manager a call at (860)448-4095 or email him at PBronk@groton-ct.gov.
Southeastern Connecticut Enterprise Region
Want to explore on your own? Visit the Southeastern Connecticut Enterprise Region (seCTer) website and get great start-up information. seCTer is a public-private regional economic development agency, committed to providing assistance to regional entrepreneurs and existing small businesses.
See a variety of 'Business Start-Up' resources below: