Start Your Business Today in Groton

Talk to a Real Person

Finding a site for your business in Groton is easy! Our economic development team is eager to help your business find space in Groton.

The Town requires you to register the business by completing a Trade Name Certificate which can be obtained from the Town Clerk’s Office in Town Hall at 45 Fort Hill Road; there is a $5.00 fee.

Registration with the State of Connecticut is also required. The following resources provide details regarding state registration and licensing requirements:


Additional free resources and consultation are available via the following:


Take a look at our events calendar for the latest free training for start-ups and small businesses.

Give Paige Bronk, Economic and Community Development Manager a call at (860)448-4095 or email him at

Southeastern Connecticut Enterprise Region

Want to explore on your own? Visit the Southeastern Connecticut Enterprise Region (seCTer) website and get great start-up information. seCTer is a public-private regional economic development agency, committed to providing assistance to regional entrepreneurs and existing small businesses.

See a variety of 'Business Start-Up' resources below: