Welcome to Groton!
Here are some resources to help you with your move to our community...
Download the Guide to Town Government for a wide range of information for new businesses and residents including:
- An overview of town government and political subdivisions
- A-to-Z phone listing for municipal services and resources
- Addresses of key facilities including town hall, libraries and school contact information.
For electrical service, the town is served by two electric utilities depending on your location. Here is a map for your reference.
- Groton Utilities services the area from Route 117 west to the Thames River.
- Eversource covers the eastern section of Groton.
For natural gas, Eversource (formerly Yankee Gas) provides residential and commercial services to specific areas in Groton.
The following companies provide internet and cable service in the area:
For a business overview of Groton and the region, business networking, referrals, partnerships and general business information, check out these local and regional resources:
- Eastern CT Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Mystic Chamber of Commerce
- Groton Business Association
- Southeastern Connecticut Enterprise Region (seCTer)
Things to Do
For things to see and do in the region, go to:
- Arts, Dining and Attractions
- Events Calendar
- Visit CT - Mystic Area
- Regional Arts & Cultural Events
The Pequot Health Center provides emergency, laboratory, occupational health, radiology/imaging and rehabilitation services. Call them at 860-446-8265 for information about operating hours.