NEW TO THE GROTON AREA?
The Chamber of Commerce of Eastern Connecticut's video: "Welcome to Eastern Connecticut" offers an overview of what the area is all about.
Community Concierge Program
Also available is the Community Concierge program, a free service to help newcomers get to know the area and meet new friends and colleagues.
GROTON TOWN GOVERNMENT
Download the Guide to Town Government for a wide range of information for new businesses and residents including:
- An overview of town government and political subdivisions
- A-to-Z phone listing for municipal services and resources
- Addresses of key facilities including town hall, libraries and school contact information.
The Town of Groton website offers current news and information for residents and local businesses.
For electrical service, the town is served by two electric utilities depending on your location. Here is a map for your reference.
- Groton Utilities services the area from Route 117 west to the Thames River.
- Eversource covers the eastern section of Groton.
For natural gas, Eversource (formerly Yankee Gas) provides residential and commercial services to specific areas in Groton.
- Arts, Dining & Attractions
- This Is Mystic: Downtown Mystic Restaurants, Events, Shops
- This is Mystic: Food & Drink
- Greater Mystic Chamber of Commerce – Businesses, Attractions, Events Calendar
- Submarine Force Museum & USS Nautilus
- Mystic Museum of Art
- Fort Griswold Battlefield State Park & Groton Monument
- Sailing Ship Argia Cruises
- Thames River Heritage Park Water Taxi
The Pequot Health Center provides emergency, laboratory, occupational health, radiology/imaging and rehabilitation services. Call them at 860-446-8265 for information about operating hours.
The Groton Public School District includes a brand-new consolidated middle school and a network of magnet elementary schools, two of which feature newly constructed facilities. Fitch Senior High School provides an extensive program of studies including Honors, Advanced Placement and an International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma program which is widely recognized by major universities and colleges across the globe. For a complete overview of Groton’s public education system, visit the Groton Public School District website.
The Ella Grasso Southeastern Technical High School, also in Groton, prepares students for immediate productive employment and responds to employers' and industries' current and emerging and changing global workforce needs and expectations through business/school partnerships
Highlighting Groton’s maritime heritage, the Marine Science Magnet High School of Southeastern Connecticut, located in Groton, prepares students for higher education and marine-related employment for the diverse interests of a broad spectrum of students. Project Oceanology, located on the Avery Point campus of the University of Connecticut, offers hands-on learning opportunities. There are programs for students in grades 4 through 12, scout programs and summer enrichment overnight and day camps feature an inquiry oriented approach to science.
The direct link to the Groton Public School District is www.groton.k12.ct.us.
- Yelp.com Best Restaurants in Groton
- Historic Downtown Mystic
- Visit CT - Mystic Region
- Southeastern CT Cultural Coalition – Events, History, Visual and Performing Arts
- USS Nautilus
- Avery-Copp House
- New London Ledge Light
- Branford House at UConn Avery Point
- Historic Village of Groton Bank
- Mystic River Historic District