Access to a talented labor pool is invaluable to a growing business venture. The Groton Economic Development team works closely with local and regional organizations to provide educational and workforce pipeline training programs designed to meet the needs of growing businesses.
To learn more, contact us directly or use the following links:
- Southeastern Connecticut Enterprise Region (seCTer)
- Eastern Workforce Investment Board (EWIB)
- Eastern Connecticut Manufacturing Pipeline
- Eastern Advanced Manufacturing Alliance (EAMA)
- Ella T. Grasso Technical High School
Regional Labor Pool
Groton is located at the center of the Norwich-New London-Westerly (RI) Labor Market. From most locations in this region, Groton is accessible within a 30-minute commute. The total labor force in the region is approximately 135,000.
Groton's Workforce & Employment
Groton's workforce population (age 16 or older) is around 21,000. Among Groton residents over 25, approximately 35 percent have earned a college degree, including 15 percent of residents who hold an advanced graduate or professional degree. For more detailed demographic data, see the community profile.
Groton is the site of nearly 27,000 jobs, about 20 percent of which are held by Groton residents. The remaining 80 percent of the jobs are held by commuters who live in the surrounding towns. The average travel time for employees working in Groton is about 19 minutes.